Welcome, December! Wishing the sunshine and colorful leaves would stick around forever…
This week’s favorites cover a bit more beauty since I’ve had some time to test out my Sephora sale items. If that’s not really your thing, don’t worry, we still have plenty of other random bits of my life!
1. The first favorite: glass straws. I am guilty of never drinking enough water but if I have a tumbler next to me I find that I tend to reach for it more, versus using a cup. I am also a coffee fiend, so that’s probably just from my usual movement of picking up an iced coffee 😉 I hate using plastic and so I found these glass straws on Amazon: short straws for regular cups and longer straws that fit in larger tumblers. I decided to go with glass instead of stainless steel mostly for cleaning purposes. These also come with a brush cleaner and are surprisingly sturdy. I’ve already dropped a few on the ground and they’ve all survived. Really recommend these, especially if you drink hot liquids (read: coffee) with a straw!
2. Shanny of shannydo.com recently shared a post titled, “A Letter to My Pre-Med Self“. She’s a huge inspiration to me as a resident in Internal Medicine and I love her honest Instagram posts. After reading it, I’ve started drafting a letter to my pre-med self as well. Perhaps I’ll share it one day, but in the meantime I really encourage you all to read hers and then write your own! It’s a great reminder of where you started and how far you’ve come.
3. The Zara scarf pictured above. I was hesitant to spend $30 on such a simple scarf but it has really been the best investment this fall. The weather has been chilly but not cold to the point where you need to bundle up like an eskimo. This scarf allows me to wear my cute fall clothing and still stay warm. It’s also sooo soft and layers beautifully when I wrap it around my neck. As a bonus, it’s also big enough to function as a makeshift poncho or blanket!
4. My Sephora VIB sale items. I tried really hard to not purchase but 20% off is an amazing deal and so I caved. At least I didn’t do any Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping?
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum – I have been waiting for the sale to purchase this item. This serum has yet to be beat by any other nighttime product I’ve used, ever. As soon as I put it on my skin already feels smoother. When I wake up in the morning after using it, it feels velvet-y. The price is steep and so I haven’t used it for the last few years in my attempts to find something similar, but I’ve given up and come back to it.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer – This is the perfect no-fuss concealer. I’ve really minimized my makeup routine in the mornings now and this baby has a permanent spot in the lineup. My undereyes can get pretty dark when I’m sleep deprived, which is basically all the time. I’ve always been wary of concealers because of the creasing or incorrect color match, but thanks to Haley this is perfect! I take a small amount and dab it on my undereyes, and then simply use my ring finger to blend it in. Only takes about a minute or so and then I’m done! Super easy and super quick for those mornings I’m in a rush.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer Concealer and Foundation – This is the more high maintenance concealer and to be honest, I’m still learning how to work with the product. It comes in a little tub and a little goes a long way. I’m not a makeup guru by any means and so having to apply this with a brush is very new to me! Still on the fence about whether or not I’ll be keeping it since the rest of my makeup is so quick and easy. It definitely offers more coverage than the Urban Decay, I’m just not sure if it’s worth the hassle.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter Mini – I have the mini size of the highlighter in Opal and I love it but I wanted something more for every day wear. I used to shy away from highlighters because the fluorescent lighting in hospitals makes it look terrible but I’m starting to experiment a little bit more. I love this item because it has a small amount of shimmer that is barely noticeable, but the pink color is enough to double as a subtle blush!
2/2 so far on these Friday Favorites, happy with that! Check out my last post to see why I’m starting these weekly posts.
Thanks for reading! 🙂
Ready for winter!